Client Test Preparations
You can download the Test Prep here: AlfaThermo™ Test Prep
- Come to the appointment wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily removed. Wear a long-sleeved button-up shirt and long pants, even if the weather is hot or humid. Avoid synthetic fibers and tight clothing. Do not wear a bra or remove it at least 15 minutes prior to the test.
- Do not shower or bathe the morning of the test. However, a quick shower using only tepid water is allowable, as is a shower or bath the night before.
- Do not use body sprays, skin creams or lotions, or cosmetics the morning of the test.
- Do not drink coffee, black tea, or caffeinated beverages, and do not smoke the morning of the test. A light breakfast is acceptable, but nothing piping hot.
- Come to appointment hydrated; drink 12 – 16 oz of water 1/2 – 2 hours before the test.
- Do not exercise the morning of the test. This includes running, yoga, Pilates, etc.
- Refrain from ‘regulative’ and therapeutic practices within 36 hours prior to the test. This includes acupuncture, bio-energetic treatments, therapeutic massage, classical homeopathy, chiropractic treatments, etc.
- Refrain from dentistry and dental cleanings at least 3 days prior to the test.
- Women cannot be tested during the first or second day of the menstrual period. The lower abdominal points warm up and create false readings.
- Arrive 15 – 20 minutes before your appointment so that your body has a chance to relax before you are tested.
- Remove your glasses when you get to the office, as there are sinus points on the nose that will be tested.
- Turn off cell phones during the appointment. Cell phones should be forbidden in the thermography room or should be turned off as electromagnetic radiation affects the nervous system.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to the test.